It’s 30 days to go before the D Day of Indonesian Festival in Bristol.
We are building a tradition of promoting Indonesia in Bristol to Bristolians as well as those who live in the region. This year is the second year of the Bristol Indonesian Festival. As shown on the above flyer that can be seen in many places, we are going to organize the festival on the 7th of May 2016; only 30 days from today (Saturday, 8th of April 2016). So pencil-in the date and come and join us at the festival. This year we will be presenting 30 Indonesian Iconic Dishes.
While the Iconic Indonesian Dishes should indulge your taste buds, they will be presented by many individual vendors who just ‘set up shop’ on the day and so you will not be able to find them elsewhere or on another occasion, you will also be able to see other activities, such as:
- Fashion show of Indonesian couture by Leny McDonell of Kebaya Lence UK.
- Louis McKenzie will recite Indonesian Folktales as you have never heard before!
- Gamelan Music will be performed by Bristol Community Gamelan.
- The festival will also house Indonesian crafts including famous Indonesian Batik.
- Plus many more attractions presented by the Indonesian Community who live in and around Bristol.
For more information about the vendors in the festival, click here.
It has been officially confirmed that the Festival will be visited by the Lord Mayor of Bristol, Councillor Clare Campion-Smith, as well as the newly appointed Indonesian Ambassador to UK (Ambassador of the Republic of Indonesia to the Court of St James’s) and Ireland, Mr. Rizal Sukma who will come from London to Bristol with his family for this festival.
Come and see us at the festival and bring your friends and family, as they say: “the more the merrier”.
0 comments on “Flyer for the 2016 Festival”